More Than Just a Pretty Nut
At first taste, cashews might seem buttery and decadent, but they’re actually cholesterol-free and loaded with plant-based protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Potassium, zinc, iron, calcium, and magnesium for healthy bones, muscles and immune health
- Copper for healthy skin, hair, immune health, collagen and red blood cells
- Vitamins C, E, K, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin and folic acid
- Phytochemicals and antioxidants which neutralize free radicals and
- Monounsaturated fats for the heart health and lutein for the eye health
Surprising Cashew Tidbits
- A cashew is not actually a nut but a seed that grows at the bottom of a cashew apple!
- The cashew originates in Brazil, unlike Brazil nuts which come from Bolivia.
- Cashews are related to mangos and pistachios.