Rock Star of the Nut World
While we use a variety of nuts in our products, we’re a big fan of walnuts which turn down the volume of health issues by turning up protein, fiber, and nutrients. Take a peek at the goodness inside each nut.
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids||Improve brain health; reduce inflammation and cancer risk|
|Polypherals||Reduce the risk of heart disease|
|Mono- and Polysaturated Fats||Lower risk of type 2 diabetes*|
|Vitamin B7 (biotin)||Promotes healthier hair and hair growth|
|Melatonin||Encourages better sleep and stress management|
*Women who ate one ounce of walnuts at least five times a week, reduced their risk of diabetes by nearly 30% compared to women who never ate nuts. Source: Harvard School of Public Health.
Ways to Use Walnuts
Here are some simple and delicious ways to add walnuts to your daily diet.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of salads, yogurt, or desserts for added protein and crunch.
- Start your morning right by adding walnuts to oatmeal, smoothies, pancakes or breakfast cereal.
- Top roasted potatoes with two tablespoons of bleu cheese and walnuts. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Add walnuts to vegetarian dishes to boost the protein level and flavor profile.
- Replace pine nuts with toasted walnuts when making pesto.
- Stuff dates with goat cheese and walnuts for an easy appetizer.
- Munch on an ounce of walnuts instead of chips or cookies. Your metabolism will thank you.